This short video explains how to prepare for your Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment. Experienced doctors can perform effective PRP treatments in a very short amount of time and sometimes you can be in and out of the clinic in as little as 2 hours. Because of this patients often visit a clinic for a consultation only but find themselves opting for treatment right away. As with any treatment, the condition you are in when undergoing treatment can have a strong effect on how successful your healing becomes. To get the best result it’s important to follow the simple preparations explained in this video. They include:
- bring any Blood tests, Xrays, MRI, ultrasound, rheumatoid arthritis reports and gout tests
- bring the packets of any medication you might be taking
- It’s advisable to stop the use of anti-inflammatory medications for a few days before your visit.
- Smoking can seriously diminish the success rates of PRP. It’s very important that you refrain from smoking for about a week before and after your treatment.
- You may benefit from a hyperbaric session along with your PRP treatment.
- Drink a lot of water on the day and before your treatment.
- PRP treatment usually is almost painless. If you are looking for treatment in small joints of the hands and feet it’s a good idea to take some pain killers before.
- Do not drink any alcohol, very fatty foods or caffeine on the day of treatment and do not drink alcohol excessively for a few days before