Is one of your joints swollen and tender, and does it hurt when you move? Then there’s a big chance that you’re having Bursitis. Bursitis happens when your bursae (small fluid-filled sacks near your joints) gets irritated or swollen.
What is Bursitis?
Bursitis is the inflammation or irritation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac located between bone, muscle, tendons, and skin that decreases rubbing, friction, and irritation. Bursae helps your joints move smoothly as they cushion your bones, ligaments, tendons.
Why Do You Get Bursitis
Bursitis often strikes by repetitive, minor impact on the area or from a sudden more serious injury. Overuse or injury to the joint at work or sports can even increase the risk of Bursitis. Bursitis is more common to happen with elderly people.
A person with bursitis can have one or more of the symptoms,
- Tenderness even without movement
- Pain that increases with movement or pressure
- Loss of movement
- Redness in the affected areas
- It feels hot when you touch the affected area
- Sometimes brings fever
Possible Affected Areas
The joins, tendons, muscles are near to bursae may have attacked by bursitis. These possible affected areas could be,
- Achilles Tendon
Some Treatment Tips
Treatments depend on the seriousness of the symptoms. In most cases of bursitis, treatment can be treated at home by following the right ways.
- Padding can protect the affected bursae from contact
- Bursitis responds well to rest. So not using or moving the affected areas might be helpful primarily
- Placing ice packs wrapped in a towel on the affected area could reduce the pain.
- Elevating the affected area could be peaceful as it reduces inflammation.
- Start exercising
If you think your home remedies are not working well, you must consult an expert. People rush to the medical if there’s a severe problem and sometimes even the prescribed medicines don’t serve us better. Also doctors most often suggest us for surgery. But, did you ever think of getting well without having surgeries or medicines? Yes, Surecell Medical Bangladesh has the opportunity to experience the treatment without being hurt by using Regenerative Method.